Monday, October 25, 2004

Once upon a Time...

WOW...what an amazing feeling. Despite the uneasy feeling and the extreme exhaustion, this is such a beautiful experience. I am truely blessed to experience this miracle. To know that there is another person growing up in my belly is amazing. I can't wait to meet our little one.

I feel well, tired more than anything. Normal symptoms except major food aversions at the moment. A tad queasy and thinking about food is a big Bleck! I want tunafish, but alas, I cannot have because it is not good for the little one.

I am 5 weeks and 3 days... I am in my 6th week. It seems as thought time is standing still, but I am enjoying every moment. How fun is this...this how our baby is growing now...
"Your baby is now about the size of an apple seed. That's about 0.08 to 0.16 inches (2 to 4mm) from crown to rump. It has formed a distinct head with the first stages of eyes and ears. The spinal column and cord are formed. Buds that will grow limbs have also formed. The heart is starting to beat and at this stage its beating may even be detected by sensitive ultrasound equipment, though, it's still very early. The kidneys, liver and nerve cells have also begun to develop. Ten dental buds are growing in the jaws. Blood circulation has begun and primitive red blood cells circulate. The neural tube has closed over along your baby's spine. The optic vesicles, which resemble tiny discs of pigment set it cups along the sides of your baby's head will develop into your baby's eyes. A distinct tail is still present. The body is shaped like the letter "C"."

I tell our baby everyday how lucky they are to have such an adorable daddy. How cute are his little posts.

I will write more later :)