Thursday, October 21, 2004

It's Thursday....

Just another day in paradise. Or as they say in Mexico, "hey man, wanna buy a blanket or necklace?"

I dunno...

Anyway, I've finished building the doggie room in the basement, now our house is a 5 bedroom, ha ha. It's a pretty nice size too, 11x16. Time to spackle it, the worst part of the entire build process. I could get away with a couple crooked studs, but the spackle part has to be PERFECT or else the room ends up looking like crapola. Ugghhh...

So the baby is about as big as a piece of rice now and it has a heartbeat and the brain is forming. I don't think its really sunk in yet. I don't think it will until I hear the heartbeat next month or whenever that appt is, maybe December. I want to be the best father in the world. I'm thinking of taking a class or two or something. Not sure, but I've been reading a ton of stuff on the internet about parenting. Of course ANYONE can create a webpage and make you believe it, so I'm not sure what to believe and what not to. I think I'll take that class....

I think in ALL my years of living, the one piece of advice that I've gotten is that you don't treat a child like a dumb little kid that doesn't understand things. You treat them like little adults and don't talk down to them like they are idiots for doing something stupid or wrong. Ya know? Like have adult conversations with them when you talk with them and I think that develops their brain into thinking like an adult and makes them feel like they are little adults and makes them mature. Another thing is that my child will have responsibilities! I'm not talking taking out the trash, I'm talking working at Wal Mart at age 5. Wal Mart allows that, right? I've seen it! Ok, just kidding, I know I'm gonna spoil the crap out of this child and can't wait.

Back to the blankets and necklaces...

Much more love to my baby mama!

Baby Daddy Tim