Saturday, April 16, 2005

So I sit here...

...in awe just thinking about Candace and what she is going through and finding comfort in the fact that she is one of the strongest people I know and that I hope just 2% rubs off on our little boy. If it does (and I know it will) he'll be the bestest, strongest little guy that I know. Ya see we had another little scare tonight. Candace has been home sick the last couple days and today when I got home she told me that she had pains in her back and when she went up to take a shower she threw up. So I called the doctor and he told us to come into the emergency room and he'd take a look. Well 4+ hours later Can found out that she was dehydrated from being sick and they gave her a (BIG) bag of sodium chloride (and we watched tons of TV), they did tons of tests, then sent us merrily on our way (but it didn't go by as fast as it seems like it did on this post) 4+ hours later. But then again, knowing that nothing was seriously wrong was VERY comforting and I'd do the 4+ hours again in a heartbeat just so Can doesn't have to worry that something is wrong. The funny thing is, our boy was kicking ALL over the place and when they put the thingamabob on her belly to monitor the baby, he wouldn't stay still and they ended up moving it like 15 times and it still wasn't accurate. He was kicking and pounding and just loving life. I can't wait to meet him. The time draws closer...

Can, I love you. I wish I could take an ounce of what you are going through away from you and put it on me to help you out....

For all those expecting, I read a GREAT quote the other day...

"The days go by slow, but the years go by fast"

That's me being philisophical (and not knowing how to spell it.) How true is that? It makes me tear up just thinking that in a couple years our boy is gonna be going off to college and I only have $500 in his college fund!!!! (joking of course. I have more than a "couple" years) :)

Well its getting late so I'm gonna go in and snuggle up to my honey and catch a few Z's. But I probably won't be able to snuggle thanks to that dang pillow that takes up 3/4 of the bed.... hee hee...

The baby's room gets started this weekend!!!!

T