Friday, April 15, 2005

30 weeks down and 70 days to go!

It is so hard to believe I have 10 weeks left. I remember getting my first ultrasound at 10 weeks. There is so much left to do!!! Tim is starting on the nursery this weekend. I can't wait! We signed up for all our classes and the tour. It is getting more and more exciting! I still can't believe I am gonna be a MOM!

We had a scary week...at my routine Dr. appt. My blood pressure was elevated and my legs, feet and hands were swelling. I have to have my BP checked again Tues. Hopefully it goes down. Until then I have to take it easy. Let me tell ya...I am soooo good at that...But I was scared because they tested me for Preeclampsia. I had all my blood tests and all my numbers came back great. I was scared I would have to deliver my son early and he would have to be in the NICU cause being in my belly would not be the best for him. Now that everything is OK, 70 days does not seem so long after all.

And I just have to say how lucky our boy is gonna be having Tim as his daddy. Tim takes such good care of me, pregnant or not, he really will do anything for me. I am certain he will go to the end of the earth for our son. It really warms my heart when I think about it. He had read every book and is really getting ready to be the best daddy. He is the cutest.
I am so blessed and lucky.

Here is what is gonna go on with our son this week!!!

Your Baby This Week (week 31)
Your baby now weighs about 3.5 lbs (1600g) and measures about 18 inches (40cm) in total and about 11.2 inches (28cm) from crown to rump.
Your baby's increasing size means that she has less room to move around in your uterus.
Your baby could already be moving into the head-down position.
Your baby's lungs are maturing and their lining, which prevents air sacs from collapsing, is growing. This lung development means that your baby would have a much greater chance of survival if he were born prematurely.
About 16 fluid ounces of blood are flowing through the wall%2