Friday, June 03, 2005

follow the yellow brick road...

Well it looks like our journey is coming to an end, while another door opens up and we are sent on a new one. Honestly it still hasn't sunk in that I'm gonna be a dad, but I'm sure that will pass after the baby is born and I'm holding him and he looks up and smiles at me. I can only imagine the bond that a father and mother have with an infant. I've always been the person that the babies or kids in the room would shy away from because I'm kind of intimidating looking I guess. Or at least I guess I used to be with my wierd spikey hair and earrings and tattoos, but maybe I still am. But now there is actually going to be a little one who will run to hide behind my legs from others and that feeling and thought is just amazing to me. Honestly I can't wait til next weekend.

Candace, this has been one of the hardest things you've probably ever done in your life and I admire you more than you know for being able to go through everything you went through all with a smile on your face. I love you and can't wait to share our baby's birth with you next weekend when we hold him and look in each other's eyes and smile.

Knowing that finally everything is right and well in our world...

Love you!

Daddy T