Monday, March 31, 2008

Thank you

Thank you to everyone for your love and support during this tough time. We lost our sweet dog Sebastian Easter morning. He had a tumor and was due for surgery Monday. He was so uncomfortable, especially all day Saturday, by Saturday evening, he was dying. My parents came over and Tim and I took Sebby to the pet ER, so that he could rest and run though the green grass in heaven. Our hearts are broken, but we know he is at peace and happy. Casey our other dog, misses him too. Sebastian was Tyler's little buddy. If Ty fell or was upset, Sebby would be right there. He was always a puppy, filled with energy and mischief even though he was 8 years old. He was an original, with one eye half blue half black, born with black eyeliner...haha He was super fast and could jump from the floor to the table. He could escape from everything...and squeeze through the smallest spaces. I think he just did it to drive Tim crazy, haha but I loved it. He was a special little dog. I am thankful for the time we were given. He really blessed our life.
Tyler took it very well. We explained that he was in heaven with all the angels. We asked if he understood...he said "Yes, Sebby is playing with all the snow angels..." So sweet. Later Easter evening, I was crying and Tyler asked what was wrong. I said that I just miss Sebastian. He put his precious arms around me and said, "It's ok Mommy, Sebby's with the angels.". He has mentioned him here and there, but I think that he has a direct link to heaven. I know Tim's Mom and sister, and my grandparents and cousins are all loving their new puppy in heaven.
We will miss our little guy. He will all be in our hearts forever.
We love you Sebastian.
Tyler, Daddy, Mommy and Casey