Thursday, June 08, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!!!! Our sweet little boy is ONE!!!



I cannot believe this day has come. Our sweet little boy is ONE! What a blessing he is. He has touched our hearts so deeply. What did we do to deserve such a wonderful human being to grace our lives. What a gift. Sigh...
So continuing our story... I woke up and the Dr. came in to check me to see if I was ready to start the pitocen. NOPE. More cervix softening gel. Eventually they started the pitocen. This would get the contractions going and labor would be in full effect. Time went on and NOTHING. I was at a 1. More waiting...I got to a 2. The contrations we coming faster and harder. A nurse came in to check me. It was unbelievably painful...I told my favorite nurse Theresa to not let her touch me again! That was as mean as I got. From then on I was a champ. My Mom was with me. She really made me feel comforted. Sometimes you really need your Mommy...you know? It was nice because I knew she had been through this. She had understanding in her eyes. She knew what I was going through. What it must have felt for her to watch her child in labor. I know she would have done it for me if she could. I love my Mom and I am so blessed and lucky to have her in my life. Thank you Mom. More contractions, quicker and quicker...I was still at a 2. They were amazed at how I was taking it, because on the computer, the contractions were reading high. Meaning I should have been screaming. Take that Tom Cruise. Don't need to be a scientologist to be chill. Tim was watching me go though this and he was so worried. I could not really tell him that I was ok. I had to just breath through the pain. I wanted to get up and hug him. I know he felt helpless. Anyone who knows Tim, knows he will take care of everyone. Especially me...and especially me delivering his precious child. (he was a model husband...any craving (shaved ice every night), backrubs, footrubs, watching my silly shows, sleeping on a fraction of the bed because my pregnancy pillow took up most of the king sized bed...anything...he made sure I was comfortable...) Anyway...it was time for the 1st epidural. I wanted the epi so that I could really be a part of the birth and see the baby, rather than focus on the pain. The epidural was not taking...so a couple hours later they tried again. Did not work. I was in full blown labor and I felt it all. To be honest, it is not as bad as they say. At least for me it wasn't. It was like the worst menstrual cramp plus a little...but mentally, I was taken to another place. Almost like I left my body. Just had to breathe through it. It was hard because the waves of pain would come so fast, and you get so tired. Hours had gone by...full labor, still at a 2 or a 2 1/2. The Dr. noticed that the baby's heart rate showed some distress. He decided on a C-section. So I was wheeled down to the OR and prepped. Tim was so worried about me. I remember being too tired to reassure him. I just wanted to sleep. They numbed me pretty good and I had trouble breathing. They said I was breathing, but I was so numb it felt weird. I was thirsty too. I wanted to watch, but I couldn't see. I thought Tim was video taping, he brought the camera up a few times, but all you see is his pants leg. heehee He did catch the moment where the baby was pulled out...That was most important. When the baby was born, we were bawling. Tim and I could not believe it. It was the most amazing feeling. I can relive it and feel it all over again. I remember Dr. Lenowitz asking what his name was...Tim said "We don't know yet" I wanted to see him...As soon as we saw him, it was Tyler Christopher. We were wheeled to another room and I tried to breastfeed for the first time. Everything is sort of vague for me. I was a bit out of it. I just had major surgery! heehee Give me a break. heehee Eventually we went to the room and I saw the family. My parents, Alexis, Jordan, Megan...Tim's dad, and sisters Debbie and Diane were there. I was is a smaller room because of the C-section. We were all crammed in there waiting for Tim and Tyler. Tim was with Tyler as he was cleaned up and checked. They finally arrived and everyone was in tears. Tyler was welcomed with so much love. I know he felt every ounce of it. Everyone held him and cried and smiled. It was amazing. Tyler has blessed all of our lives and he continues to every day. He is such a special, wonderful person. I know he is meant to do wonderful things with his life. He brings so much joy. We love you Tyler Christopher. Happy Birthday sweetheart! Our little Roo...Our little monkey...We LOVE YOU! You are ONE! Wow!
Tyler Christopher ~ June 8, 2005 ~ 7:02 pm ~ 7 pounds, 15 oz, 21 inches
We go for his one year check up today!!! We will let you know his latest stats!!!
Love to all...Thank you all for your love and support!
Candace