Saturday, November 06, 2004

So its been a lil tough...

Well...mommy-to-be over here is not feeling too well. I started off just being real sleepy...but now I am icky sick. Morning sickness has stretched into all the time sickness. So far, my dad's soup and drinking water are the only things I can keep down. It is plain awful, but in the long run worth it. I have been watching all of the babies specials on TLC and Discovery channels. Some stories have been frightening...the high risk labor...ahhh...but so beautiful. I cry after every one. I hope I am not one of those women that are a pain in the arse. Whine and complain and so forth. They reach such dispair but you still cringe at their behavior. I want to bring this child into the world with style and grace. Well as much style as you can get considering the lady-like position of giving birth.

Tim has been wonderful and so patient. He is so loving and sweet. His "nesting"instinct has started early. I am not kidding...so far he has built a room in the basement by himself, painted the garage floor, built a work bench in the garage for all his tools (including installing a light fixture), right now he is building a fence with our good friend Jim in the back yard, while our other good friend and fellow dad-to-be Pat is starting to build our deck. I KNOW...crazy time. Me, what am I doing whilist all of this adventure and hard work is going on? Well...I am sleeping, throwing up, trying to eat, sleeping, throwing up, watching a lot of TV. I sound like a lazy bum...growing a baby is hard work y'all...heehee let me tell ya... esp. when there is nothing that I crave but ice chips. I force myself to eat because the lil bean needs nutrition, but it is hard.

So I will fill you in with whats going on with our little one at the moment...
"Your baby's crown to rump measurement is about 0.56 to 0.8 inches (14 to 20mm).
Your baby's face has a recognizable shape with eyelids and the tip of a nose with formed nostrils, though his head is still very large compared to the rest of his body.
All major organs are now formed and in place, though they still need to mature.
A tongue has already formed. The ears are forming both internally and externally.
The arms and legs extend forward and shoulders, elbows, hips and knees are detectable. Knees and elbows have begun to form on the limbs. Tiny fingers and toes are starting to appear at the tips of your baby's developing limbs and the arms may be slightly flexed at the elbows and wrists. All major organs are in place.
Your baby is moving around a lot, moving his legs and flexing his spine, but you are unable to feel it at this point.
Your baby's genitals have begun development, though they are still difficult to identify. "
How fun...huh...Only 230 more days to go....
I better get back to my busy day...ta haahaaha